I love to talk about (i) how business professionals can integrate business law essentials into their day-to-day decisions making, (ii) how knowledge-based businesses can maximize the value of their intellectual property, and (iii) relationship-focused contract negotiation strategies. Do you belong to a group of consultants or other business professionals? Here are a few topics that will be help them understand and apply key intellectual property and business law concepts:
- Intellectual Property: The Currency of the 21st Century
- What exactly is Intellectual Property?
- What types of ideas/creations can be protected and how?
- Who owns each type of IP upon creation?
- What does “work for hire” and “assignment of all rights” mean?
- What are the alternatives to “work for hire” and “assignment of all rights”
- Can I Use That? Examining the Differences between Public Domain, Fair Use, Creative Common Licenses and Other Rights in Materials You Find on the Internet
- Understand the Three “Nons”: Non-Disclosure, Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation Obligations
- Trademark Your Services: Learn How the Underused Service Mark Can Help you Brand and Differentiate Your Services
- IP Audit and Strategy: If You Think You Don’t Own Valuable IP, Think Again
- Who Owns It, Part I: The Legal Side of Outsourcing
- Who Owns It, Part II: The Legal Side of Social Media Participation and Guest Posting
- Relationship-Focused Contract Negotiations: Using the Contract Negotiation Process to Build Relationships, not Walls
I am also available to write an article for your publication, website or blog.
Contact me for more information.